- Fall Color Tour (Sep-Oct) — Take a free self-guided tour of the fall colors of Old Mission and Leelanau peninsulas during peak season.
- Wine Harvest Events — Sip on your favorite samples of the local vintages. Enjoy traditional village celebrations like Divas Uncorked and the Leelanau Wine on the Water Festival.
- Iceman Cometh Bike Race — The Bell’s Beer Iceman Cometh Challenge finishes in Traverse City each year in November. This 30-mile mountain bike race is a can’t-miss event.
- GLSDA’s Icedog Sled Dog Race (Feb) — This family event is free to the public, so gathering everyone to cheer on sled dogs at Cherry Raceway and stay for the food pavilion and bonfire.
- Suds & Snow (Mar) — If you’re over 21, you owe it to yourself to enjoy this festival that combines a half-mile snowshoe hike with live music and offerings from 12 craft breweries and local food vendors.
Traverse City knows how to kick off the holiday season with a Santa appearance at the Holiday Open House & Tree Lighting in December. Make sure to stay with us and ring in the new year at the New Year’s Eve CherryT Ball Drop.